Alexandra Rîmbu is an experienced attorney, assisting top international corporations and investors in numerous industries. Alexandra acts as lead counsel in a variety of corporate/M&A, commercial, contract law as well as competition and IP matters. Her expertise equally extends to employment, construction & infrastructure and PPP as well as dispute resolution and arbitration matters. Previously a member of reputed business law firms, Alexandra possesses excellent communication skills and is praised for her efficient and prompt approach to matters, regardless of their complexity.
- Romanian, English, German and Spanish
- LL.B, Bucharest University Law School (2008).
- Bucharest Bar Association (Admitted 2009)
Awards & Recognition
- Presented with 'Certificate of Appreciation' for the contribution to Employing Workers 2021, published by World Bank Group (2021);
- Recognized by The Legal 500 for Restructuring and Insolvency, Commercial, corporate & M&A, Real estate and construction (2020 and 2019);
- "Top Lawyer - Real estate" - Source: Award received from FinMedia (2020).
- I would like to also thank you and your whole team for your cooperation, quick reaction time and prompt answers given last year. It was/is highly appreciated! Source: Regional HR Business Partner of two major European airlines;
- "Thank you Alexandra for all your support today, it was beyond words." - Source: Senior Manager FP&A International of a global life sciences company (2020);
- “This acquisition is important for the (...) Group, thank you all for the professionalism, involvement and support in this project. Congratulations!” - Source: Manager of the Romanian subsidiary of a global sports equipment manufacturing group (2020);
- "[The firm] has a strong commercial real estate service that works closely with the corporate team. Recently, it has provided strong real estate due diligence support on several landmark corporate deals. Standalone work includes several significant construction disputes, and non-contentious advice to developers, car park operators and healthcare companies. Alexandra Rîmbu and Dana Rădulescu are well regarded." – Real estate and construction - Source: Researchers of The Legal 500 (2020);
- "Alexandra Rimbu is a strong professional in real estate." - Source: Clients quoted by The Legal 500 (Real estate) (2020);
- "Thanks for the excellent summary Alexandra and also for the smart negotiating in the meeting. I am very happy that you are there." - Source: Chairman and CEO of the European division of a global rolling stock producer (2019);
- "Alexandra Rîmbu and Dana Rădulescu head the practice at MPR Partners, which is recommended for transactions, developments and disputes. Highlights from the recent caseload include assisting a German medical and pharmaceutical device company with the cross-border acquisition of several dialysis centres and advising Betty Ice on the real estate considerations of its acquisition by Unilever.” - Real estate and construction - Source: Clients quoted by The Legal 500 (2019).
- Platform workers, on their way to regulation?, article, co-author, December 2021;
- Telework, between concept and reality, article published in Ziarul Financiar, author, April 2021;
- New transparency measures in the public procurement field, article, co-author, August 2020;
- CEE Building routes to economic prosperity, article published in CEE Report, The Lawyer, November 2018;
- Romanian Market Snapshot: Employment in 2018, article published in CEE Legal Matters, December 2018;
- Differences between telework and working from home, article published on AvocatNet.ro, May 2018;
- The Legal 500: Real Estate Comparative Guide – co-author, The In-House Lawyer 2017;
- Various issues of Emergency Legal Kit for Business and Legal Prompts, specialized business law publications and legal update bulletins, edited by MPR Partners.
Highlights of Alexandra’s credentials throughout her practice include legal advice and representation to:
- A major global financial services provider in the automotive industry, in drafting and amending the internal procedures and politics designed to regulate employment relationship within the local subsidiaries and structuring intra-group relationships pertaining employees with multiple positions in the group;
- A regional leader in pipeline engineering in the energy sector, in the complex matter of transfer of undertaking, such transfer including the transfer of 800+ employees;
- An agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation, in restructuring the local personnel in light of the global restructuring procedure related to merger with a leading German group;
- A leading automotive parts producer, on terminating employment relationships with the management personnel of one of its subsidiaries, in drafting employment agreements for upper management personnel, as well as negotiating the “golden parachute” conditions for top managers;
- A major specialized commercial vehicles producer, regarding matters related to internal regulations and functioning, as well as revising the general policies applicable within the company;
- A European car park operator, with the reorganisation of its Romanian subsidiary in connection with redundancy procedures and payments as well as minimum wage aspects, general assistance re. the collective bargaining agreement as well as tailoring individual labour agreements and their structuring re. specific projects;
- An important German investment group, with regards to various employment matters for all its companies, holding Romanian subsidiaries, drafting individual and collective agreement templates, equally regarding health and security services;
- A leader on the dialysis equipment sector, regarding employment related due diligence, employee data sorting and categorizing, employment agreement reviewing from a legal perspective;
- A leading local frozen goods producer, in the context of its acquisition by a giant European FMCG group, with all employment related implications (for more than 700 employees);
- A leading chemicals producer, in the context of the acquisition of business assets as part of the privatisation of one of the largest CEE chemical producers, with an analysis regarding the options for employing a required minimum of employees and the structuring of such options as well as the applicable related sanctions;
- An important IT and software developer, with collective employment conditions’ negotiation for its Romanian subsidiary, in the context of legislative changes;
- A major European discount hypermarkets operator, with regard to its day to day employment related requests, including opinion on labour safety matters, employees’ benefits schemes, drafting of various contracts for freelancers, in order for these not to be registered as regular employment agreements;
- A large Turkish cement manufacturer, with regards to employment matters for top management representatives, such as immigration aspects and advice pertaining to smooth termination of employment contracts;
- A significant German investor, in connection with the acquisition of three businesses as going concern in the railway wagons manufacturing sector, including post-closing assistance;
- A major medical services provider, in the acquisition of several dialysis centres;
- A large oil and gas company, in connection with the development of a network of gas stations in Romania, including due diligence on a large number of properties;
- A reputed car rental company, in connection with day-to-day corporate and commercial matters pertaining to their activity in Romania;
- A leading pharmaceutical company, in connection with an intra-group transfer of business and various other corporate and commercial matters;
- An important Romanian water company, with regard to various public procurement matters;
- A large Spanish construction company, in several litigation cases arisen in connection to the projects developed in Romania and labour related matters;
- Two major joint ventures set up for the development of two railroads projects, in connection with the day-to-day matters, including labour law aspects;
- A German construction company, regarding several disputes arisen from the development of a railway related project;
- A reputed healthcare services provider, in connection with employment matters pertaining to its clinic’s operations;
- Several major construction joint ventures set up for the development of infrastructure projects (roads and subway network) in connection with several disputes, including liaising with the contracting authorities and main subcontractors in view of resolution thereof;
- A leading construction company, regarding the reorganization and restructuring of the structure of employees, including the successful representation of the employer in claims of former employees.